Friday, July 4, 2008

A poem I just wrote.. Wow. I'm bored because everything in my room is packed!! Hope you enjoy!!!

AMERICA: What does this word mean to you? Is it soldiers bravely fighting for our country? Or is it the feeling of safety or security? Red, White, and Blue are it's shining colors. 50 stars and 13 stripes. Peace, love,hope, and so much more. It's a large group of people uniting and being as one. It's safety around each corner. It's kids laughing and giggling... Everyone loves America. So many places to go. So many places to see. Today is a very special day to show America our true love for it. So let's make this day memorable. For it is the Fourth of July or as some people call it independence day! We love you America!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhh that's so sweet!

Jenna said...

Gracie you are such a good writer. I really enjoyed this poem!! I hope you guys did something fun!!! 39 days!! I hit the 30s how crazy is that. She'll be here before we know it and you are going to be an aunt!!!

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoyed your poem. It reminded me more of what we were celebrating, and not just moving! You are a sweetheart.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracie,

You're a talented blogger. It's exciting to see you're sharing poetry, photos and things that make you go "ahhhhh..." online.

I'll enjoy following you in your blog for years to come, I'm pretty sure.

Makes my blog feel so serious, but I guess that's okay.

Keep up the fun writing!

Cheers, your aunt Janet